1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best residential use plow for Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by DERBYDON, Feb 4, 2014.

1. DERBYDON

DERBYDON Member

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice for one of my employees. I'm not in the business fulltime anymore, but one of my service technicians where I now work wants an economical plow for his Jeep Wrangler.

What thinkest thou?:mechanic:

2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I like the Meyer Drive Pro, but thats what I run so I'm biased. Don't go with a lightweight poly whatever you do. A lot of people like the SnowDogg units aswell.

3. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

We use the Boss sport duty plow .it's poly, have had no issues with it. Looking ahead with the next unit to replace this one we will put the Boss utv vee blade on it.

4. DERBYDON

DERBYDON Member

Thanks. I'll probably recommend he go with the Snowdawg. We have a dealer close by that is a customer of our lift truck dealership.

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I don't think there is any decent "economical" plow.

My Western Suburbanite plow costs $3,800 new and as far as I know it's basically the lightest plow that works fine for most light usage. I got mine used for a fraction of new.

If buying new, I would look into the Meyer DrivePro, same price as mine, but beefier (my Suburbanite has had no problems, even after some hard hits, but why not get a bit stronger for the same price)?

Looks like the DrivePro is 375 lbs, vs the Surburbanite at 250 lbs. Still a manageable weight at 375 for the 6' 8" unit.

I have heard good things about the Snowdawg.