1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best quality hitch mount spreader for the money spent?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TightSqueeze, Dec 27, 2009.

1. TightSqueeze

TightSqueeze Junior Member

I am going to buy my first truck spreader this week, and am wondering which brand is the best quality for the money? One of my local dealers is selling a Fisher 1000 Salt Spreader with variable speed controller. Tailgate spreader with 8 cu. ft. capacity. 10" diameter poly spinner (spread 3-40 feet). Includes hitch mount and tie down straps. Price does not include installation for $1,900. The size is right for my needs. Is this a good buy or should I consider other options?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the Snoway 9 cubic foot, all those features and more at a competitive price.

3. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

make sure that price includes the mounting hardware too...I just purchased a snowex 1075 for the same price however the "mounting kit" was an additional $465!!!!!...same price for the swing away version however I did not wish to have holes drilled everywhere.....I just use a modified engine hoist to get on and off now...1 person easy install

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

having researched, and now buying a saltdogg t06, for a $1000 dollars, i am going to suggest that they may be the best bang for your buck machine out there, had a problem with the spinner last year that has now been solved, and has a vibrator built into the box too.

5. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I would suggest checking used first.......I scored a Snowex 1075 that was in excellent shape for $700.00. I have been very pleased with it after 3 seasons. After this year, I will probably upgrade to a liquid unit.

6. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

A customer of mine (whom I have run a truck for last year) runs several 1075s, and they have been very good to them. Only thing I hear is that they could use a baffle to slow the material down when using smaller sized material. Other than that, great units.