1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best prices on bulk salt in cincinnati ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ACA Landscaping, Dec 25, 2010.

1. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

hey guys was wondering what everyone around me in cincy is paying for bulk these days. i expanded my contracts this season and i'm going thru alot more salt than i thought i would i've already used 100 tons so i would imagine i'd be easily at 200 plus for the season and i have the ability to except 70 to 80 ton at a time and have storage for it. with purchasing this large of a quanity i believe i should be getting it for less than 75 a ton? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I believe that i can help you out with your pricing, My local salt guy set me up with a distributor who is about 45 miles form me and I buy it for 80.00 ton picked up becasue I can only store about 8-10 tons, and there smallest load is like 24-26 tons. I told him that I was working with a company called a Grain of salt just above Cincinnati and that they had a location there and would beat there price. He said that if i picked it up there i could get it for like 68-70.00 or so per ton. This was like 2 weeks ago but i will call him Monday and let you know what he says.

3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Talk to central salt. I am getting it cheaper than that.

4. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Average delivered seems to be running 76 -78 ton, 22 ton minimum. I wouldn't complain at 80 ton if that is delivered. I've seen it go much higher than that in long winters. You might try Western Hills Builders and North American

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

Exactly. That's where we get our salt (or where the guy I plow for orders from)... don't wanna quote a price on here but I know it is good. Nice product too.