1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best price on a pusher?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by powerjoke, Sep 13, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

where have you all found that is the best price on a 10' snow pusher?

i don't really care what brand it is

has anyone had good/bad luck with the "scoop dog"

Please no brand war's lol

2. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Stay away from the scoop Dogg PJ...its built like Sh*t!
    I've got a Pro-Tech SSP10 w/wings (that didn't last through 1 storm) and a AVALANCHE SSAT-10 with the Steel Trip Edge. And after this season the Pro-Tech is getting sold and Im buying another AvALANCHE. The AVA's are built a heck of alot better ..they have more braces than the Pro-Tech and the receiver plate is solid steel instead of the hollow tubing that Pro-Tech uses on theirs.

I wouldn't give 2 cents for a Scoop Dogg.

If your looking to buy a pusher let me know, I know a guy that has a few old ones he is wanting to phase out and replace with the AvA's.They are mostly Pro-Techs and a few AVA's that he replaces every 3 years.
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

there are some decent looking "generic" ones on ebay new, about half the price or less than protech
  4. powerjoke

PURPLE: a used one from youre freind would be great. just pm me his number

i seen those ones on e-bay,...if they were closer i would look at one just for the heck of it

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Is this personal experience or just Hear say ?
    I would of sworn that guy up in Zeeland Mi had a couple of the larger ones and spoke very highly of them. I will try to find his handle. I would bet Zeeland gets a wee bit more snow then Kansas too, so it probably gets a pretty good workout.

What are the Pro's to the Avalanche that make it so much better ?
    Also why would a Contractor need to sell Pushers every few years ? Seems in my experience they have very little for wear items, and with a good OPERATOR will last a long, long time. I dont have a ton of experience with pushers like some, but I do have friends with Protechs (and competitors) who have 5-10 year old Pro-techs that are like new, they swear by them.
  6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Im sure there are good and better push boxes but ultimatly they are just metal boxes. Sure bigger gauge steel will help. I think they last based on the operator of the machine
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Buy a new Artic blade in Chi town and I will meet you there to pick it up. I can probably get you a good deal.:D
  8. powerjoke

price me one JD....a 10' SS mount

i have a blade near Chicago i need to pick up so any time you wanna meet i am ready.......maybe we can get some other's to meet us too?

9. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Yes. Ive ownd a Scoop Dogg...biggest piece of crap I've ever had. I was I don't know what the thickness of the actual box is, but it's built like a tin can. If you look at my first post on this thread I name a couple Pro's to the Ava over the rest. Also, the torsion bar trip edge is very nice. As far as about trading for a new box every 3 or 4 years...this guy owns about 30 and lease's them during the winter. Buy a Scoop Dogg and you'll be replacing it sooner than that.
  10. purpleranger519

from Kansas

I also like the Ava's over the Pro's and the rest because they make their's in 10.5'
  11. powerjoke

i was looking at the bobcat pusher and i noticed it said that the blade articulates up and down on the tips.....why dont they all do this? it seems like it would be a good thing.

is it that necesarry?

BTW: what does a bobcat pusher cost?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  12. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i can't remember the cost of the bobcat version but it was more than most ,here's link to a pusher that has a rubber edge, oscillates like the bobcat version and the side are free floating like the arctic version

the 10 foot version quoted to me was 3000.00
    a rubber edge may not meet your needs, just happens to be exactly what i need at a mfg plant this year,
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There not cheap. I think I can still get you one for $4675.00. I will have to call to see for sure.
  14. powerjoke

JD: wow! that's high....i guess?
    i was just looking at generic ones on e-bay for $1795.

i will still meet you in chicago though i still need to pick up my P/U blade (not new toby) lol

how about i pick it up like we talked about i bring 'em home and use them this year till you need them?......we all know that Misouri get's more snow than canada..lol.....no?

15. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Check this out! ....its called a Snowbasket. For loaders.

16. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

PJ I cant help you with pricing on the Bobcat pusher, But I did spend quite a few hours last winter in a S250 with a 10' pusher and the bobcat pusher was great I really think its built quite well and the pusher floats over uneven ground very well for a pusher. JMO
  17. powerjoke

the snowbasket looks awesome. i like how the cutting edge is recessed in the floor of the bucket for a flat scrape without angleing the bucket downward

thanks for the tip ABES, i am going to check prices tomorrow.

18. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ive used aAVA's protech and the salt dogg. the only thing i can say is operators can kill anything in a night. ive seen brand new right off the trailer protec get worn down past the rubber past the shoes on the side right into the box. the only thing i can say that works better is making your own shoes for the sides with way heavy duty steel. im not sure the number, but we have slowly up graded the push boxed with this steel and it seems to work out alot better. i know it also costs like 6 times as much. ill try to find out the number of it