1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Price for Boss 8'2" Poly V-XT in NW Ohio

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SnowGuy, Oct 19, 2010.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Looking to get a new Boss 8'2" Poly V-XT in NW Ohio for the best price, we can install. Have a 2011 F350 Crew Cab with the new 6.7 diesel. Can pick-up within 125 miles of Findlay, Ohio. THANKS !!!

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

3. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

You are right, good prices, however, he is out of state, the shipping will eat you up !!!

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Yes, but its also tax free if you are in Ohio. Call a get a full quote. ESI has taken VERY good care of Plowsite members.

5. dreamer

dreamer Member

I got ahold of them for a 9.2 steel V-XT with smartlock and it would have been $5300 shipped to a loading dock in Defiance, OH. So shipping would have only been about $210. When I get around to buying a plow it will be from them!!!

6. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

just got an 8'2" vxt for $5200 installed at jd equipment in marion ohio

7. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

a little on the high side...unless you are going to that dealer for everything then it'll work out.

I got quoted $4300 + $230 (SmartLocks)+ tax= about $4825....plus install... Install depends on how backed up they are. I was quoted an additional $250 but had someone offer to do it for free if I helped....so it turns out to be a great deal for me......toooo bad I may not get it...maybe a Meyer V2 instead (and I must have them install it to cover the warranty).

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If the $4300 is for a VXT that is cheap.

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

My guess is that 4300 was for a regular v, not a VXT....

10. ihdriver7088

pretty much my only dealer with 30 minutes of me and always have great service with them my second plow and 8th in our plow group made up of us local farmers from them

11. ihdriver7088

if this qoute is from mr plow then you are probably getting last years new stock that he has and also sounds like this price is for a standard v as well

12. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Your gonna pass up a Boss for a Meyer..........?????

13. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Yupp! My father has had Meyer all of his life.... He bought a new one in like...hmmm I'd say 1981 and sold it to one of my current competitors. One pump and many repaints/edges later it still is in use as his main plow(s cause he sold him one new and one old).... I think I may... I'm not sure. No customer cares about the plow brand/color as long as it works!.... and yes it is pricing for a regular V....I don't require a VXT but may put it on my next truck (my diesel I'm working on a deal with).

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would love to sell Meyer's plow's to all my competitor's. ;)

15. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

A lot of people say that....what I like is the fact that where they fail is predictable. It's controlled failure. The other plows that we have dealt with fail....and realllllllyyyy fail. We can fix meyer plows in a parking lot at 2 am with a basic mechanics set and a flashlight....a couple hours off of a truck is WAY dif. than losing a truck from the route. So we like meyer....and they aren't as tough on the front end (other than shocks/load bearers b.c. of weight)

16. ihdriver7088

LOL FUNNY my dad is the same stubborn way and i started my first 5 years of commercial plowing with the same meyer blade and pump my dad used since 1978 but i got tired of spending money to get it working every year and got the boss and wonder to this day how i managed to plow with that old meyer given meyer is a good plow but it got me started the boss is keeping me here

and the only thing ive done to the plow is change the fluid and grease the vertical hinge pin

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  17. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Most plows are made with similar quality now anyways. I believe that choice of plow is more so about habits of the driver. Boss is built like a tank, but doesn't give if you are rough...so it comes out to more $$ in the front end for a guy like me. For some of my guys, the boss would be fine. I tend to tackle big jobs head on, and I am rough with hitting/pushing full piles. The difference in engineering is what makes me want the meyer. I do a lot of removal or high stacking, and try to get it done with my plow rather than bring in a loader to every little lot that I have. The Meyer has hydraulic return (full hydraulic control). It allows me to lift my way out and work out of any pile I get stuck in... I like it since I am used to backhoe operation and being able to "scoot" out of being stuck by "walking the unit. I think I will give Meyer my business for now... It has been good for us in the past and hasn't nickle and dimed us. IF I have a problem, I will be down to Boss and Snow Dogg for plows. I have used boss (not owned) and liked it, but I like to go other routes to see what works for me (rather than just follow everyone else). The VXT should be a really high quality product. I feel the V2 will be just as good when it comes to the workmanship....Meyer worked out their controller issues....after mannnnnnyyyy years. So yeah! I'm going Meyer?! and if it is a PITA then Boss and if that is PITA for me back to Snow Dogg! (and then I will give in to my arch enemy....western...can't give in to it....won't do it....hopefully)

18. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Oh and ya, I didn't realize you slipped VXT in there.....good price man!

19. ihdriver7088

well have fun with that extra weight of the V2 beating the crap out of your suspension and be safe this winter

20. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

You have fun with that then. The rest of us will be running Boss plows making money while you play mechanic in the freezing nasty.