1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best price for aluminum flat bed for F250 8'

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Pa Teeny, Feb 23, 2015.

1. I just called and got a price for an aluminum flat bed for my truck as fender wells are starting to rust out. Not spending money on puddy and paint. I was told $1,900 for the bed and another $450 to install on my truck from Martin's Welding in Martinsburg, pa. Has anyone seen a better deal or should I do Steel as it was cheaper...but it will rust out...as I use bagged salt on truck for weight and to salt properties.

Thanks

2. I paid 1500 for my alumaline bed last winter for valpo trailer

3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Those Martin beds look real nice he was expensive for the options though. I just got a price on aluma bed which was close to the same and looks nice also. I wouldn't buy steel just because the maintenance it takes to keep it looking nice.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Local shop here can get aluminum beds last time I talked to them about it. I can double check on brand and price if you want. I know they can get CM truck beds but you won't like the price of that. I went with steel because Aluminum corrodes quickly around here and is more difficult to repair later down the road.

5. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I guess quality, craftsmanship, reputation, dealer support and overall value really doesn't matter......just don't whine when one of your customers drops you for some other guy who is $5 cheaper and no other reason.

6. r.renterprises

r.renterprises Member

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I paid more for my steel bed than OP listed for an aluminum bed.

8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i paid $500 for my Scott lite bed with 4 foot racks and full dump kit.
    brand new, but sat for the past 35 years behind a shop never installed on the truck.
    all i had to do was replace the pressure treated pine deck with oak deck boards because the pine rotted out

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Same here but the wall thickness and C -channel thickness used in my steel bed albeit heavy hopefully will not rot away like press brake bent sheet metal beds. Aluminum does rot. It just crumbles away.

10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Call Morocco and J and J in Somerset. Never priced them but both places do quality work.

11. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

my comment was not directed at you in anyway. As far as price goes, I have paid quite a lot for my 2 Truckcraft aluminum beds, but they do seem to be holding up well. Time will tell.

12. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member