1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow Warranty Experience ????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scottL, Jan 12, 2010.

?

Best REAL world plow warranty ? ( Please read first post for details before voting )

Poll closed Jan 14, 2010.
  1. Western

18.8%
  2. Sno-Way

6.3%
  3. Fisher

12.5%
  4. Hinker

6.3%
  5. Meyer

12.5%
  6. Blizzard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Boss

18.8%
  8. SnowDogg

12.5%
  9. Other

12.5%
  1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Ok .... Here is a question dear to my heart these days and will help decide who I by my next several plows from.

I'm looking for REAL world experience on plow warranties. Not what a company states but, what actually happens when you need to make a claim.

When you respond consider;
    -Ease of completing a warranty claim
    -Arguing the merits of a claim
    -Company willingness to stand behind their product
    -Do you have to front the money like a rebate and wait for pay back
    -Speed of care and completeness of satisfaction

Please do not focus on the dealership unless they directly represent the factory.

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I guess I'm kind of surprised NO has voted on this poll. After reading so many posts of folks not happy or sometimes happy I would have thought there would be some action here.

3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Most of the warranty issues depend on how your dealer looks at your business. Some could care a less and usually the smaller ones work with you.

4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

ive only had one warrenty issue. i had the isolation mod. on a western go bad about 6 months after i bought it. i would be driving down the road without the plow on and the headlights kept going on and off and you could hear the soleniod clicking like it was turning on the plow lights. dealer took care of it the day after i called him had no problems with warrenty at all.
    the problems i read on hear about people with trying to get warrenty is that 95% of the time it is due to neglect and they want warrenty out of it,(i.e. i hit a curb and the ram blew, using plow like a bulldozer.)

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

When my motor went on my meyer last year I went to the shop at 7am they normally dont open until 8. The tested it put a new one on and I left no questions no papers, just a new motor.

6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

All warranty issues depend on your dealer they have the right to choose if it is covered or not. My western dealer has never turned me down for warranty.

7. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I agree with it depends on the dealer.... any brand can suck or is great .. depends on the service!!

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Regardless of dealers, I vote Boss. I never had a problem with mine and the dealer I bought mine from sarcastically stated that they hate selling Boss plows because they never come back.

Boss did have a problem with the new style headlights and from what I read, they discovered it before it was a huge issue so when you went in to get it fixed it was a quick repair. Some even had whole new headlights installed because the lens got scratched.

9. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Even though most people probably voted for the brand they currently own i voted Snow dogg. My buddy has had 2 issues one i think was a little his fault and the other was the deflector broke, both things taken care of without an issue. I've also read a few things on here and it seems that buyers jumped right on fixing it.

10. procut

procut Senior Member

Like anything, it basically comes down to the warranty is only as good as the dealer. When I had some problems with my brand new Western spreader last year, the dealer kind of had the, "Well what did you do to it?" Kind of mentality.