1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lawncare18, Feb 16, 2009.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Guys,
    Best truck to plow with and what plow?? I have the oportunity to get a new one for the golf course I work for. We plow just open parking lots. What is the best truck/plow combo to go after???

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Picture forum, But to answer your question, I would get a 2009 F350 regular cab, long bed with the Power stroke diesel. Snow plow prep package and towing option. Fisher 9'6" SS extreme V on the front, truckcraft aluminum dump insert with de icer unit and a whelen justice led lightbar. If I had 60K that is what I would be buying.

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

If I had the $$$ for a brand new truck, $$$ for the insurance etc- I'd buy : 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD or 3500HD (SRW) Reg Cab, Long Bed, Duramax/Allison, G80, Plow and Tow Prep packages, with a LED mini lightbar, and a SS Truckcraft dump bed. Oh and the plow: 8.5' Fisher SS X-Blade wesport

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Since there is already a Chevy and a Ford post, I will round it off. Get a Dodge 6.7 with the 6 speed auto and exhaust brake. Cummins rules.

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

2009 f-350 SRW RC 6.4 stroker torqshift auto, Downeaster Dump Insert with insert tailgate spreader with a nice new BLIZZARD 8611LP or 810 Power Plow out front depending on lot size.

it really depends on what the trucks going to be used for the rest of the year, dump insert may not be necessary, or you may want to go with a chassis cab with either dump flatbed or regular dump body, also plow/spreader dependent on the amount of acreage that needs to be plowed/salted/sanded.

6. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

My Dream plow truck would be,

93-94 GMC or Chevy 3/4 ton Reg cab Long bed, with a 24 Valve Cummins with a NV5600 6 speed trans behind it. Plow would be a New Western Wide-Out with a joystick controller mounted to the shifter and a Western Poly Spreader. Loads of strobes and lights

OR

2006 Duramax with a straight Axle conversion twin turbos, built trans and 5in Straight out the back, Plow would be a New Western Wide-Out with a Western Poly Spreader. Loads of strobes and lights