1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow for Older Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowfever, Sep 18, 2012.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

OK guys I was going to get out of the business but I just love it to much. I am wondering what would be the most economical plow for my truck. I just do not feel like spending big money on a Boss Vplow and I do not really have much of a need for a V plow anyway. I was thinking about giving SnowDogg a try but I used my uncles last winter when my truck was down and did like how slow the hydros were going down and it didnt seem to scrap real well either. I was also considering going with a Hiniker scoop plow because I love the ability to carry the snow where I would need to put it. I love the expandable wing plows but once again they are so expensive I dont have that kind of cash to fork out right now. I do still have my skid with push box but I am going to try and get enough for that and a truck. Basically in a nut shell I am wanting a good plow that doesnt cost much but is realiable. I will only buy new unless I find a used plow that I feel has been treated right. The truck I have is a 99 Chevy 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4 with a 6.5 diesel.
  2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

cant go wrong with a 7'6" boss super duty with wings...but i'm bias