1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best plow for my truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dakota2004, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Hey guys I am concidering putting a plow on my 04 Dakota I plan on using it for rental properties and most likely some family and friends driveways. I was leaning towards the BOSS sport duty 7 footer, is this going to be a bad decicion? Let me know what you guys think, im not worried about the voiding of the warranty thanks.

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

get a blizzard 720lt. One of the best build light duty plows ever since fisher stop making the 6.8" and the 7.2" plows.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway 26 series. Options no one else has.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Like anything, it is about preference. Whatever you choose, make sure that there is a dealer or service place near you. Buying a plow and having a dealer 150 miles away will do you no good. Personally for that truck I would recommend the Blizzard.

5. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Yeah definitely with the dealer close by its actually like 5 miles away. I understand with the preference thing I have taled to people that own the BOSS and they have had really good luck and the price is the best out of everyone else that I checked out. I honestly wanted the blizzard first because I love the look it has, but otherwise I dont even know anyone with a blizzard to talk to them about it.

6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher LD series or Curtis homepro

7. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I had a Blizzard 760LT on my 04 ram and loved it. Pretty similar plow to the 720, just bigger.

8. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

7'6'' snoway or the 720 blizzard would be perfect for that truck...i would go with the blizzard

9. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member