1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best plow for my truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RichT, Jan 18, 2011.

1. RichT

RichT Junior Member

Looking to get a plow for my 01 F150....anyone have a truck like this that can reccommend any? Not looking to plow anything commercially of course, just my driveway and a few others...
    Thanks
    Richussmileyflag

2. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

I have a '98 F250 light duty which is basically your truck... MAYBE i have a bigger engine... its a 5.4L. But i have a 7.5' Western Uni-mount plow on it... my suspension is beefed up though. I would have to say, MAX you can get is 7.5' plow, it would all depend on the engine and suspension you have. I have a couple pictures of my truck on here. Just do a search for my screen name.

3. RichT

RichT Junior Member

A 7.5' would work fine for me.....I wonder If i can get the torsion bars from a LD 250 and put them in my F150?
    Rich

4. The Swagman

The Swagman Junior Member

I have an '06 F150 FX4 and have a Western HTS on the front. I do our street, driveway and I do a small parking lot for the people that sold me the plow and that's about it. It's quick & easy to remove, does a good job, doesn't seem to heavy for the truck. I'm in to my second season without any hastles.