1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow for my Bobcat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob_cook2001, Sep 25, 2009.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hey guys. A friend of mine wants to buy my bobcat plow for almost what I paid for it and would hate to pass that up, considering I could use a larger plow. What do you guys think would be best for my S300? I plow a few larger lots and Long rural drives. Something that's easy to put wings on would be great.
    What are my best options? Prices?
    thanks
    Robert

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why don't you try a push box on it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I would put a 10' pusher on that machine.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

How about the Blizzard 8611ss. If I had your size Bobcat that's what I would do.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I woudn't think a box would be very good for long drives.

6. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

i got a 10 foot western off cl last year for 1000 bucks

7. rob_cook2001

I would love to put a box on it. But like 2cor517 said it would suck for drives. A few of the drives i do are 3/4 of a mile long. And all but 2 of the drives are gravel. Are the bobcat V blades any good?
    thanks guys
    Robert

8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

:nod:

I would definately consider a blizzard for all around work like lots to long driveways. A little pricey maybe, but could well be worth it. If you check out the blizzard section here, there's a few threads about the SS version.

http://www.blizzardplows.com/skid_steer.asp

9. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

You could put a bobcat 9ft V plow on it

10. rob_cook2001

the blizzards look nice, but how are they for reliability???
    thanks again

11. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

never owned a blizzard but if I was ever gonna leave BOSS plows it would be for the blizzard style plow. I would have to agree that even though they may be a little pricey the Blizzard 8611ss sounds like it would best match what your uses would be. check it out and GOOD LUCK

12. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Blizzard. 86-11 Big $$ but will give you every thing you need,

13. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

if i was you i would go for the blizzard, very reliable and can move some serious snow.. the bobcat v blades are younk imo, too small and don't clear as well!

14. Premier

Premier Senior Member

ran one when i was working with my dad at one of our old accounts, (he got his boss to buy one for there loader to help us out) they work great!!! the only thing i didnt like was the poly edge but they needed it for the parking ramps. I planned on buying one this season, just need a few more accounts payup

15. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

16. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I have to agree with the blizzards. I saw one of the SS ones at the EXPO they are a lot bigger than the truck ones. Or at least it looked that way.

Why not got with one of the ones that has a normal plow. And then you can just hook it up to add box wings. That way you have both. I forgot who makes them, but their pretty sweet. When you doing long stretches just use the plow. When you cleaning up hook up to the box.

17. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hiniker offers all the same plows for Skid Steers as they do their trucks, Big Ox line. Straight, V-plow, Scoop plow, and C-plow. When I considered the straight I liked the design how it truly floats via chain and articulates 15 degrees left to right for uneven terrain. I've heard good things about the Scoop plow for trucks. This might be a good compromise between blade & pusher.

http://www.hiniker.com/snow_products/big-ox_standard.html
    http://www.hiniker.com/snow_products/big-ox_cplow.html
    http://www.hiniker.com/snow_products/big-ox_vplow.html
    http://www.hiniker.com/snow_products/big-ox_scoopplow.html

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  18. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

19. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Look at the post I put on the free marketplace, maybe something you like?

20. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

For the life of me I can't figure out what all the fuss is about over Blizzard plows? I had a 810SS on the Kubota for 2 years. It's a plow nothing more nothing less. Trouble free for 2 years. Washed after every storm, stored in a heated shop. The paint was cheap, cutting edges are expensive, every part on them are more expensive than any Meyer or Western I have owned. It didn't plow as good as my Western straight blade. It is a heavy plow? It was 8' wide extendable to 10', that was the only plus I seen. It was smaller to transport down the road? Oh, and they are white! I personally would not recommend a Blizzard plow. Western plow is good. Kage system looks interesting? It would be a combo system.