1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow for F-450 Dump

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Terrascaping, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Terrascaping

Terrascaping Junior Member
    from NJ

I am planning to buy a plow for a F-450 dump. What size do you guys suggest, 8.5 , 9.0 or even 10? and what brand and model will be the best fit for this truck?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Terrascaping

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

At the risk of pissing some people off, Blizzard 8611. Most productive plow on the market. Do a search and you will see why I recommend it.

3. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

yep 8611, is t a wopping 12foot extended, and a truck like that is doing parking lots anyway might as well save 30% of your time. i have an 810 on my 250 and its 10' extended we haa....lets hope for light fluffy snow

4. Dchris

Dchris Junior Member

I had a 450 with a 9 ft MC fischer. The MC was way to heavy. The truck could not go around corners with the plow down... I have a 550 with a 9 ft Fishcer X blade stainless., It`s a assume plow.

I would stick with a 9 ft...

5. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

Boss or fisher 9' v-plow is my 2 cents.

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am all for the 8611 blizzard. Nothing comes close to it. I can't wait to get mine. :)

You can go 8611 or 8611lp on the F-450. Kinda a toss up.

7. fire&ice

fire&ice Junior Member

F-450 Plow

I saw a cool plow at a snow and ice show recently. It was an EVEREST 9' plow plow with a fixed frame that was removable with four pins. The Hydraulics lights were from fisher. It looked Heavy duty

8. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

go with the boss 9'2 V. Best plow ever.

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I AGREE!:)