1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow For Clean Up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by raptorman03, Jan 8, 2005.

1. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Hey guys im thinking about geting a new plow, but i want one that makes clean up a breaze. What do you guys think i should get?

2. Mrplowguy

Mrplowguy Junior Member

What dealer is near you. I know boss has a down pressure setup like Sno-way but its a steel blade and looks rugged. My 810 does a ok job. I thought because of the weight it would do better though. What kind of truck are you getting?

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You mean what scrapes the best?? I'd say a V plow or a blizzard would help take care of any trail off when cleaning up.

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Boss does not have down pressure. There is something wrong if your Blizzard 810 is not cleaning right down to bare. Definately the best plow for cleaning up.

5. Mrplowguy

Mrplowguy Junior Member

I didn't think it either but I saw and played with a boss yesterday and once the plow floats down hit the down button again and you could see the truck lift a little, and the piston pushes down more. Saw it with my own eyes :eek:

6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

The wider the plow, the worse it scrapes. If it's wide, it won't follow the contours as well...

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Bolts. is correct. Boss DOES NOT have down pressure.

8. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

when a plow goes down, the front end will rise as the weight comes off, on a truck that sags a bit when the plow is up, and drops it and touches the pavement, the truck still isn't straight (as it sags a bit), and you continue to let it go down and the front end will go up

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What do you mean by clean up? Is it a 1/2" of packed snow you are trying to get up. In this case I would salt. If you mean snow here and there that is in the parking lot the you need a V or a Blizzard or anything that has sides on it.

10. paponte

paponte Senior Member

BOSS plows do not have down pressure. When the cylinder is down it is in a float (free moving) position. What are you referring to as makining cleanup easier? Cleanup is the easiest part of snow removal, no? :confused:

11. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Not on the subject exactly, but what is wrong with your Hiniker? Are you having problems with it or is it not what you expected?

William

12. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

No my hiniker is good i just want some this bigger and faster on clean up, im thinking about the 9.2 hiniker v blade that thing is badass, and its going to go on a 2005 f350 :gunsfiring:

13. Bolts Indus.

Blizzard 810 is cleaning up. I mean it's the best clean up plow for commercial lot work.

14. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I just got a F-350 with a 8'6" fisher V and love it. The v is the way to go!! :drinkup:

15. avalancheplow

Yea cleaning up so much all the dealerships in like a 2-3 hour radius of me are sold out!! One dealer said he could get his hands on one but it was like $5300 installed :eek:

16. Bolts Indus.

I only have 2 Blizzard 810's left. Actually have 3 but I'm keeping one for a spring demo to replace the one on my truck for the summer. I can't order more till summer. Factory sold out in early Nov.after increasing production 60% over last year.

17. George C

George C Senior Member

The Blizzard 810 is a great plow.
    Now, if Blizzard can get with the 21 century and develop a clean mounting system where all of the headgear comes off, and a set of clean receivers.
    They would have had my business.
    If they do, my next plow will be a blizzard with the wings.

18. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

clean up

You can't beat the clean up (scraping) capabilities of the snoway DP system! It peels up packed snow and ice like no plow i have ever owned!! Plow on. :salute:

19. avalancheplow

I had the Sno-way MT90 on my avalanche and that down pressure kicks butt. It did well scraping and backdragging was the best.