1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow for back dragging drive ways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by luckylawnboy, Dec 14, 2000.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy Member

What is the Best plow for doing back dragging. The boss I use does not scrape down far enough when back dragging. It is brand new 8-2 v. Does ok but not down to pavement. Just some advice??

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

None! My boss plow does better than any other brands that I have used, such as: Fisher, Meyer and Western. My suggestion is to get a pull plow. Just got to try my Daniels out today, hard to get use to, but scrapes down right to the pavement. From what I am told, once you get the hang of them you can save up to 50% of your time.

3. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

Modify the light tower switch (that you use to for mounting) to operate from inside the cab. Flip that whenever you want downpressure.

(That's a toungue-in-cheek recommendation) Get a rear plow as sold by SnowMan or Daniels.

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Sno-Way, has downpressure as a standard feature on the commercial models.

5. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

NOVEMBER 200 SNOW BUSINESS MAG

I thought this plow looked pretty cool. ANyone demo it yet?

It's the HINIKER C-Plow you can plow normal or turn it upside down to pull from the front of you.

Looks like a good concept.

Check it out

http://www.hiniker.com

Hope this hels!

6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Nice 'concept', but lots of moving parts. And... hiniker doesn't have a good rep for what they've been making.

7. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy Member

I am seriously considering looking at that c-plow. I do more drive ways than any thing, look to be great. I have herd several good things from people around here who use HINIKER plows. I live in Indiana, so we dont receive that many snow falls. It is just the fun of plowing that keeps me going. I may be getting a new truck, so I just can't decide on weather to get a new mount for my plow or sell the plow and get a new one.

8. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

i wouldnt recomend the C plow. You say all u do is driveways
    but if ur like me snow is ur only winter money at some point u will want to do bigger areas such as lots and then u wont like the plow because it will take time to swich from back drag to normal. I would go with the rear plow and front plow. a buddy got 1 last year and i tried it out its great. save alot of time. so i bought one and now all i need is snow.