1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best plow for a jeep

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Pristine PM ltd, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Hi guys, we plan on buying a 2006/07 Jeep TJ and I was just wondering what plow you would put on it? Western and Fisher seem to only want the homeowner plows. Is that really all that it can handle? We want this jeep to be a back dragging plow. It will be doing about 300 small townhouse driveways next winter and we have thought about the back blade idea, but are worried about having someone we hire use this as a front blade in our new minds seems easier to see then a back blade.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jon

2. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Blizzard 720LT would be my recommendation. I currently have a Meyer and am planning to replace it.

3. Pristine PM ltd

and it backdrags well? Or would you have an edge put on it?

4. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

That's a lotta freakin driveways to knock out in a single storm.

I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with that safely fits the jeep that does a good job because I haven't seen a TJ yet that has a great setup for backdragging.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check out the Snoway if there is a dealer near you. between the down pressure, speed and light weight they are a great fit for the TJ. Go with the 7.5 Blade.

6. addicted

addicted Senior Member

Yeah, what Basher said. Check out my sig.

The 22 series on my rubi is great. 1 thing though, If you are doing strictly residentials, and any of them are really narrow 1 lane wide driveways, the 7'6" may be a little too wide. Don't ask how i figured that out.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

For a Jeep, go with the snoway. :nod:

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Come on tell us!

Do you regret buying the 7.5? If so why?

9. addicted

addicted Senior Member

I have absolutely no regrets with the 7'6" plow. No way will i ever go back to a 6'6", especially since i am now doing a parking lot at my companies other location. The time savings of the extra foot in width is great.

Problem was a 8' wide drive with a fence on one side and a house on the other during the big storm a few weeks ago. I thought it would be a 5 min. cake job. 2 pushes straight in and on to the next one. BUT. . . The idiots kept driving over everything, and with the downpressure on and 4wd on the packed snow, i was drifting to the side. Angling the blade made it worse. Nothing was damaged, but i ended up having to scrape the chunks up by hand before i could push them. Took me almost an hour. (they are friends of a friend) I doubled my price for them, they paid it and i learned to be a little more picky about what jobs i take.

10. Pristine PM ltd

Thanks guys,

I just read that the Jeep is being redesigned for 07, and we will be looking in october for it, is the 06 better suited to plowing? The article i read was in consumers report. I don't know if there is anyone that knows about the 07 yet, but thought I would ask.

Thanks, I think we will be going with the sno-way due to the downpressure.

Take care,

Jon

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's a little wider and longer. Supposed to have more back seat leg room and storage. check it out at
    http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060213/FREE/60203004&SearchID=73237876061209

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Same kind of situation, I had snow come over the blade then fall between the Hedge and the truck and the wall and the truck denting both doors. Now I scoop not V and take a little at a time. Lessons learned, Glad you like your Snoway. DOWN PRESSURE ROCKS

13. Snow way all the way

The last big storm we got was the first time i got to use my Jeep and my snoway plow and it worked like a champ. The new 22 series should be a perfect fit for the jeep ( full height i think) . Mine is a 3 year old st 6.6 and it is a half hight plow and it worked as good as my old Meyer ST 90. It worked real well back dragging with the down pressure. I left about 1/2 inch of snow on most places that i back dragged but it all depends on how many soccer moms decided to go in and out of there garage packing the snow in front of the door down.....but any way seriously check out snoway.

14. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Good Plow

Ive been thinking about plows for my Jeep and now you all talked highly about Sno-Way plows on Jeeps. I think Im gonna go Sno-Way. Thanks.

15. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

300 driveways a 5 minutes each = 1500 minutes

1500 minutes = 25 hours...

The Jeep will never make it...

16. addicted

addicted Senior Member

And why is that???

17. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

25 hours of plowing snow... and that is really conservative using 5 minutes a drive way....It may work, but will wear out quick...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  18. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed, especialy with a jersey storm. Maybe if you had three of them.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yeah three is a good number, maybe a couple of skid steers with vee blades on them.

20. Pristine PM ltd

well, we are planning on about a minuite a drive. These are really small one car driveways that will just be pulled out onto the private road and then the F-350 will drive by and push it all in. So we are planning on about 5 hours to do everything, not 25. We were just planning ahead in case we wanted to buy the jeep early and that is why I was asking questions. We didn't get two of the three townhouse contracts though, so we are working on a few others hoping that we will have at least 200 small driveways to do that could justify the jeep.

Thanks though,

Jon