1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best plow for a 2010 Toyota Tundra

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bowhunterpse, Feb 12, 2011.

1. bowhunterpse

bowhunterpse Junior Member

Haven`t plowed in 20 yrs, I have a 2010 Tundra and I`m looking for some advice on a new plow for it. My driveway is over 500 foot long and drifts good. Thanks in advance for your input

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Fisher 7.5' SD is a good plow for a Tundra. It's a good rugged plow. Sometimes I was it was a little heavier so it would scrape better but, a steal cutting edge will take care of that. Go to http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/sd-series for more info on the Fisher SD. I also suggest you stay away from the Fisher HT and Western HTS, they are very light duty from what I have sean.

3. bowhunterpse

bowhunterpse Junior Member

Toyota

Thanks, going to call a fisher dealer Monday, Got alot of recommendations for the Western Mudweight also

4. mercer_me

The Fisher SD and the Western Mid Weight are on the same level. I prefer Fisher becouse of the trip edge. The Western has a trip blade.

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a tough truck to figure oue whch plow to put on it, this site has them all from Boss 9'rs, Fisher Xblades, HTs, SDs, RDs. They seem to hold everything well depending on suspension mods. Check your weights, and most of all dealer support. I would go with who is near you and what kind of plows they service and sell.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  6. mercer_me

That's very true. With a stock suspention a 7.5' Fisher HD is as big as I would go. But with Timbrens and a leveling kit you could probly go as big as an 8' Xblade.