1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow For A 2008 Silv. 1500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by spincity, Oct 24, 2008.

1. spincity

spincity Junior Member
    from mn

I have a 2008 Silverado 1500 crew cab and short box. I'm curious what plow would be best for my truck?
  2. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Check out any of the websites, BOSS, Western, Fisher, or whatever brand you are looking at. Look for a 7.5 foot plow of some sort. i know Boss makes a nice smaller plow that has a easy mounting system. But its all preference what brand you want. Just don't go to big. I take it you would be plowing your driveway? With a 1/2 ton don't over do it.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Be sure to check with the truck warranty provider before installing a plow on your truck since it isn't a recommended plow application. A little heads up now can save a great deal of hassle later.
  4. Polardoo

Polardoo Junior Member

Just ordered a snoway 26 series for my 07 Classic Crew Silverado. A 1/2 ton will plow fine guys have been using them for years. Is it the best no but we gotta go with what we got. Jay
  5. roadking88

roadking88 Member

i have a gmc 1/2 ton ext cab with minute mt2 on it with no problems..
  6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

X2 why kill your warranty, better off asking first!!!
  7. VBR

VBR Member

Western Mid-weight (biased) or sno-way 26 series. One thing i wish i had was down pressure.