1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow For A 2008 Silv. 1500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CGlisson, Aug 16, 2008.

1. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

Hey guys-

I have a 2008 Silverado 1500 regular cab and standard box. I am new to plowing and I'm curious what plow would be best for my truck? Price isn't really an issue.

Three things I'm sensing will be important:

1. Good back blading ability
    2. Quick hydraulics
    3. Fairly lightweight

I have been aimed in the direction of Sno Way plows, but I'm looking for more input. I will be doing all residential work, mostly 30-40 foot driveways. Also, I live in Central NY, which means we will have a pretty decent amount of snow. Thanks for your help guys!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. CGlisson

CGlisson Junior Member

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7'6" 26 series with DP and the wireless control. Had a deflector. the new EZ fit is a little pricey but stops windshield wiper transmission failure due to loading snow on the hood. I like the poly but that's a personal preference. Think about a set of timbrens, and be sure to carry some ballast 4-500 libs will counteract the blade and give you better traction