1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow for 97 Jeep TJ with 4 inch lift?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by tarzan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. tarzan

tarzan Junior Member

Any recommendations? Also, would you use chains? 800' gravel driveway at 7800' elevation in Colorado Mountains. It snows a lot.
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

5. PerfectProperty

PerfectProperty Member

I had a meyers on mine worked great! It was a 4 inch lifted tj with 35's
  6. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

most people with jeeps use sno way or poly plows from what i can see on here
  7. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

I recommend an old style Myers St-78 with Monarch Hy-Lo belt driven hydraulic pump assembly with 4 way valve. Or an old style western with electric hydraulic ram with cable control

Yes, I plow with chains if the storm warrants it. Usually I would chain the fronts on some of my really steep driveways. That is where all the weight is, and then I back up the drives and plow down the hill.
  8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i just posted a pic of one we did this week on a jeep it didndt have a lift kit you might check on it. that lift might be too tall
  9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member