1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow for 85' Jeep Scrambler-help?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fonz58, Dec 11, 2004.

1. fonz58

fonz58 Junior Member

Great to have all of you out there who know a lot more about snow plowing than I do (or ever will). Here is my situation. I just purchased a 1985 Jeep Scrambler (in excellent refurbished condition). It has a almost new (3000miles) 360V-8 crate motor installed and a manual transmission.

I chose it so that I could use it for hunting, have fun as a convertible, and so I could plow out my driveway, and the parking lot at my business. Driveway is gravel and 500ft long, business lot is 2 sections, one 100 x 130, and another 40 x 40. Anyway I'm reeling from sticker shock of $3,550 to purchase and have installed a new Western plow. (first and only one I've priced) I don't have the tools, or skills to install one myself.

I'd appreciate any advice you could offer me. Thank you. Mike
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

You have more than enough motor but stick is not the best choose. I would keep size down to about 86 inches or less and keep weight down to as much as reasonably possible for better carrying and handling. Also add at least 400lb or ballast in the rear of that short wheel base vehical to improve traction and stabilty at speed. New quality plows are not cheap. If you are mechanically inclined you can save a good bit of money and install plow yourself as they are not that hard to install.