1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best plow for 1997 chevy k1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTEMEYER10, Sep 28, 2011.

JTEMEYER10 Junior Member

hi, im new to the site and have looked through countless pages however i cant seem to find the info i need.
    i was wondering what the best plow for my 97 chevy 1/2 ton is and if a meyer st-90 is a good plow for my truck. i am doing residential and commercail plowing in iowa so it will be used frequently through the winters, thanks in advance for any info.
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Go with a fisher 7 1/2 minute mount. My friend has one on his 96 and 98 1500 and they plow excellent.You can probably find a decent fisher on craigslist,but I would start looking.The leaves are falling now,next is snow!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  3. mule585

mule585 Member

I have every thing you need. 7'-6" western uni-mount its on my 98 k1500. Something of this size is perfect for your truck let me know if your interested
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

A friend of mine has been running a Western 7'6" with wings on his 98 1/2 ton since it was new. The truck has gone through 2 tranny's and starting to show its age but the plow has performed very well and no major issues. Any 7'6" is going to work well.
  5. mule585

mule585 Member

I hate to see my plow go its been great for me the last 5yrs but the truck is no longer being used ( won't pass emissions ) its got 265,000 somethin miles on it. One thing I would highly recommend, have the bottom of the frame horns where the tow hooks and plow mount bolts up reinforced. All it takes is a few small pieces of angle iron. If you look at where the tow hooks are bolted you can see that it is a week point.