1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Plow Dealer in upstate NY?? (Albany area)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mattyg587, Dec 26, 2002.

1. mattyg587

mattyg587 Junior Member

Man, some of these guys are as rude as junkyard salesmen. Anyone know of a good one that can help me either find a subframe to mount a used plow onto my '98 Dakota or set me up with a new reasonably priced plow? (Whitebear Equipt is a bunch of jerks)

reply dirctely to:

Matthew@mfg-racing.com

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Here are a couple of places that sells Fisher snowplows:

T & T SALES INC.
    409 Old Niskayuna Road
    Latham, NY 12110
    518-785-5591

ARROWHEAD EQUIPMENT SOUTH INC
    1906 Central Ave
    Albany, NY 12205
    518-456-2281

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I am posting this on Plowsite to give some resources for other who might be looking for this info.

4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Try R.H. Scales on central ave.

They deal with Western, Fisher and Sno-way plows. And spreaders from some of them too. But they don't do any installing

They're right across from Albany RV.

I've had good luck dealing with them myself. they ordered a new blade for me and it was about $200 cheaper then the western dealer up in ballston spa was going to sell it to me for.

Dan

5. mattyg587

mattyg587 Junior Member

Howe Bros. in Troy

What a great bunch of folks...the installer sepnt about 20 minutes with me describing the plow and install and even advised against spending money on some of the "options" that I'd never use (like the remote). Getting the MT80 Sno-Way Tuesday!

6. Bill c

Bill c PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ny

Arrowhead buy far is the best dealer in the capital district.Your right about whitebear stay away from those guys.

7. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

I've dealt with most of them, White Bear stoped selling fisher a few years back So i don't real deal with them but have been therea few times they were quite helpful, Arrowhead is very usefull if they don't have it in Albany It's at their other store up the Northway. T&T will forever have my business now though!!. HERE'S WHY. We had a horrible nigth Christmass broke a lot of stuff, I totaled the spinner to my V Box, I was watching a concrete pilar next to a light post and completely forgot about the Dumpster, mangled the deflectors bent the shaft and ruined the bottom bearing. White Bear was closed Arrow head was closed the only dealer around open was T&T, these guys all knew this storm was coming, and they were closed. That's horrible business!!! This was no surprise storm just bad customer service!!! T&T doesnt even sell the V-Box I have but with a line of guys in there they took the time to go through their entire Inventory and find one that would work for me, and then called me back, I didn't even have to wait for them, and they didn't forget about me as soon as I walked out ther door. They said if they couldn't find one they would have did what they had to do to get the other one fixed before I needed it in the morning. I will have to be in quite a pinch before I go back to another one of the dealers, up till now We've bought parts from Arrowhead though.
    Casey

Last edited: Dec 31, 2002