1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best place to run the plow control cables through the firewall?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by birddseedd, Nov 12, 2010.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

HI,
    iv got an 04 ram 1500. where is the best place to run the plow control cables through the firewall?

the controller itself will be placed next to the 4x4 shifter.
    thanks

2. check under the dash board on the drivers side there should be a pre cut hole in the metal of the fire wall stick a screw driver through and see where u wind up. you may have to use a coat hanger to fish the wires from the box to your plow controller

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I went in under the hood and unbolted the cover to that hole that was mentioned above. Drilled out the cover, ran the wires through, and bolted it back up.

4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I put a bunch of stuff through the steering column grommet.

5. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

thanks, ill look into that today

6. Indianfallsfire

Indianfallsfire Junior Member

on my 03 ram 1500 there is a hole almost directly in line with the steering wheel that is for i believe the emergency brake cable or hood release cable something like that you can pop that rubber grommet out and cut a hole in the grommet or run under the grommet etc. it should be just above the carpet line just to the left of the brake pedal or just under and slightly to the left of master cylinder from engine side. good luck