1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best place to install vibrator on 1075?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DP Property, Sep 1, 2008.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Hi Guys ,

I am trying to restore a used snowex 1075. have it all apart now (except can't get the spinner off :mad: any help ?)

I have a new vibarator I bought from ebay. I was wondering where is the best place to bolt the vibrator onto the hopper.

I was just gonna get some ss bolts and nuts with the plastic locking ring. Is this the best way to bolt her down?

Thanks
    David

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snow-Ex recommends installing the vibrator on the truck side of the hopper as low as possable. I've found you need to install a backing plate inside the hopper. What is the viabrator rated, 20, 40, 80?

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

yep , on the backing plate for sure....

yep , on the low part....

mine came stock on my magnuim, but is on the oppoistie side of the hopper, not toards the cab? im not sure exactly y that is?

4. DP Property

vibrator on snowex 1075

Thanks for the replies guys- I had know idea about a backing plate. It looks like I will have to make one up.

I went and got my unit from the garage. It says - Model - Z-80
    SERIAL - 02568
    OP TEMP- -20 TO 70F
    cont duty cyc
    voltage - 12vdc

This guy had em on ebay for like 70 buxs plus shipping. I got it out of the states for about 100 dollars canadian. I figure that was a good buy. I also got new Meyers saber lights with all the modules and wires new for 100 bux us plus shipping. Amazing since there listed at like 300 plus.

I have been shopping for this stuff the last 3 months.

Ok so I will make a backing plate for the vibrator and install it were you say. Any tips on how to pry the spinner off of the shank without damaging the shaft or the motor housing?

Thanks fellas
    David
    DP Property Maintenance

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

that's a Karrier unit at an excellent price. The 80 is about as large as the hopper will handle and stay togeather.

As for the spinner, Lots of PB Blaster

6. DP Property

ebay purchases

Hi Basher

Thanks for the information. This is the guy I have been buying stuff from on ebay .

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/440runner_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

ebay seller- 440runner

I got the mini night saber lights also for 20 buxs - he has some listed now. I lost out on a vibrator once and emailed him to ask if he would list another one. Any of you guys might want to send him an ebay message and ask him if he would list another one. He also seems to sell lots of the Meyers night saber lights . Mine were brandnew in the box with all the wireing harness and modules for around 100 buxs.