1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best place to find old trucks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevyzrule810, Mar 23, 2015.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know a place that sells old 80s trucks complete besides a junkyard in the northern nh southern Maine area?
  2. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

I decided that instead of buying a new $50 plus truck I was going to look for a restored next to new 80-87 3/4- 1 ton GM for when I give the 09 to my son. I would love to restore one myself but between no time and health issues I cant do it.If you happen to come across any let me know.Im probably going south for what I want,that may be what you will need to do. If I see anything local I`ll let you know. I would rather spend around $15k for a truck that doesnt have all the crap these new ones have.
    What exactly are you looking for ?
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

My wife's Grandpa gave me a '86 3/4t 4X4 with a diesel under the hood, no rust, bed is beat up (ranch truck) but overall in good shape for 86K miles. Truck hasn't run in about 5yrs and the plan is to put a gas crate motor in it and a flat bed on it or throw the axles under my '86 Blazer, pull all parts that can be used on the Blazer and scrap the rest.
  4. chevyzrule810

I'm in the process of restoring an 87 k10,got a replacement,frame and fenders with inner fenders.cab needs cab corners and engine and transmission are good.Looking for a complete truck I can drop my cab and bed on and sell the rest.Junkyard trucks have next to nothing for complete trucks that year.They are pretty much stripped of parts
  5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Pacific North West / California/ Arizona have the bedt trucks which r being purged by ebayers...

Mine came from Washington state, rust free. Needed mechanical work, but thats my interest anyway..
  6. snowymassbowtie

snowymassbowtie Member

Its funny that I replied to this the other day, my wife said she wants me to buy a new truck,she said I wouldnt get financing for it. I dunno,I have always wanted to rebuild/restore one of the 80`s trucks.Ive got 2 years before I give my son the truck I have now when he gets his license to figure out what Im gonna do. I would rather the older truck. Maybe im crazy but thats what I want to do. I have owned 80`s gm trucks,blazers and use to tow with a 1 ton gmc back then and it was amazing what I could tow,even with just a 350 small block and 4 spd.those were the good ole days
  7. chevyzrule810

This is my 87 frame was rusted in half behind the cab

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I've often said if it wasn't for plowing snow the only truck I'd keep from my fleet is my 85 K20, 12k invested with fairly new fisher hd plow.