1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Place to BUY Hide-A-Way Strobes HELP !!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Eyesell, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I know strobes have been discussed a trillion times here before, function, location, how to mount them etc., all that kind of stuff, I'm just looking for a few places/web-sites to buy them from without reading the trillion threads already posted on them.

I want the 90 watt 6 outlet box....

thanks in advance !! :nod:
  2. Bill645

Bill645 Junior Member

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

thank you, I'm checking them out now.
  4. n1alx

n1alx Junior Member

5. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I've posted this before but here goes:

Go to ebay. Type in CSP690 that is Whelens 90 watt 6 outlet power pack. Look for either Fire and Safety Outfitters or Buckeye Public Safety. These two places have hands down the best prices. They are AT LEAST 20 beans less then the places posted above. I have dealt with them a few times in the past and have nothing but great success.

Good luck
  7. ebonang

ebonang Junior Member

Try express police supply online
  8. savagewolf

savagewolf Junior Member

9. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

go to www.streetglow.com and order their pro series strobe kit. You will not be disappointed. Brightest strobes on the planet.
  10. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I know this isnt your question but trust me, if you put hide away strobes in your headlights it will drive you nuts bouncing off the back of the plow. I wouldnt use em as your primary means of warning and I would have it so you can shut em off. If its just added warning and for the cool factor then :cool:

also if they are going to have outside connections make sure you run the deutch or what ever they are called plugs(they are the weather tight ones)
  11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey guys thanks for all the suggestions, ratlover, thanks for the tip, I've had strobes in my last truck and it wasen't so much the plow flash back as the snow. These will not be my primary lights, got he Whelen Mine Edge for primary.

thanks again for all the info.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  12. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i can tell you where not to buy from, kdlighting.com , i ordered a mini whelen guardian light bar last thursday and have not revieved any info from that at all. they were kind enough to take my money though. :realmad: :realmad: just sent my 3rd e mail, hopefully i will get some info.
  13. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

BEST WHELEN product selection. Thats the only emergency lights they carry.
    They have VERY good prices!

14. PamelaRose

PamelaRose Member

15. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

You will not like the noise they make but they sure are bright when its dark...
  16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I just got a 4way kit from strobesnmore.com. It was sold as a complete kit. Who knew "complete" did not include a switch. Ordered the switch. Got it. Installed lights other day. All went well. Then I turned them on for the 1st time. Right front no work??? So I remove bulb and look closely. Find small hairline crack along entire glass tube. Called strobesnmore.com's toll free #. Explained what I just did. They told me I was SOL. Thats right if I wanted that bulb replaced I would have to pay for it. They have a 2 day,yep two day, return policy. Only mentioned in very fine print on the packing order in the box. Since the "complete" kit did not include a switch was no matter. Even though it is a hairline crack almost only seen with a magnifying glass and could not be turned on ,tested, until i got a switch ,that I got from them as well, is no matter to them. It has been 2 days on the phone and 3 "supervisors". Tomorrow I am supposed to talk to the owner.

In the end I would not recommend this place,strobesnmore.com, to anyone.
    Yes they shipped it fast. Yes everything else works. But wanting me to pay 40 bucks for a new bulb and not backing up a BRAND NEW out of the box one is pitiful service. Ask about their return policy on the phone before you buy. If one of the bulbs is malfucked or broke you may end up buying a new one.

2 day return policy ,to me, should have been in bold letters on the website.
  17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey thanks again for all the help, I ended up ordering the Whelen 90 Watt 6 head unit from Sirennet for $ 258.00 ( awesome deal, 6 bulbs, 6 15' cables and the Whelen CSP690 power supply) , plus they had a on-line coupon for an additional $ 15.00 off. It will ship first of next week, I'll let you know how the service is. :redbounce
  18. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

All clear?
  19. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

I dont usually respond on here just read alot of things .. get alot of different ideas .btw great website... but just figured id let everyone know that if any one is interested in getting good deals on warning lights in michigan .. theres a place called priority 1 emergency in livonia, michigan (southeast michigan ) ive done some business with them ... really cool people .. young guy owns it ..huge display room and fully functional too ...great service .. i believe they started up a couple yrs ago ... they have a website www.priority1emergency.com ...
  20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

groundbreakers, thanks for the info, I'm after a new LED mini light bar as well, I'm going to stop by there tomorrow.