1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best place to buy BAG SALT in SE Indiana??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dr_destructo, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

Any leads on bagged salt in Southeastern Indiana? The place I've been buying for a few years isnt stocking as much salt this year. I was paying $232/ skid. I can get it from my old supplier, but at a much higher $285/skid.
  2. Big Snow Balls

Big Snow Balls Member

Try Amturf their in Gary Indiana but they ship all accross the country. They supply all the menards with baged salt products. Great prices Ask For Brett 219-938-0049

MARK SUPPLY Member

Try Cisco Companies they are based out of Indianapolis, 800 888 2986 ask for June Schroder. Last I checked they were like 230.00 a skid.
  4. DRIFTER92

DRIFTER92 Senior Member

Skid price

Just did a check at Menards in Avon, IN and they have a skid for $224.40. (30 80lb. bags) 2,400lbs total.
  5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Man not to interrupt your post, but down here I get a skid of 80's (Morton) with 30 bags for $170.00...........man prices are all the over the place
  6. DRIFTER92

DRIFTER92 Senior Member

MMMMMM Tube Sand

I knew Menards shouldn't be the lowest price. Hell I spent $60 or so for 1120lbs of Tube Sand. :rolleyes: but those tubular bags are just soooooo fancy.
  7. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

There is a guy in Richmond selling Diamond Winter Melt for $225 a skid. 49 50lb bags per skid. I'll have to dig through my paperwork and find his number, if you want it let me know.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  8. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

Got it locally for $232/skid. 49-50#'s. I'm concerned about the supply they have on hand though. I just dont have enough room to store too much. Was hoping to have a back-up plan in place.