1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best place to buy a DXT from?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SPSkyo8530, Jan 5, 2014.

1. SPSkyo8530

SPSkyo8530 Member

Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a 9.2 DXT stainless. Does anybody have any recommendations on where to get the best price from?
  2. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

Shop around with your local dealers.
  3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Jim at esi. Site sponsor on plowsite.
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

X2--Jim at ESI
  5. SPSkyo8530

SPSkyo8530 Member

thanks for the responses everyone, called and talked to Jim today. Much appreciated!
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Whoever is nearby you for parts, service, and warranty work.
  7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed. You may want to consider who is close for parts and who may or may not be open during storm to fix you if needed.
  8. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

While I agree 100% about shopping locally, you still have to have a limit at how much more you are going to pay versus something shipped in( for me it was a savings of over $700.00 by having one shipped from Virginia). In your area there may be a dealer close that has a DXT on his lot, there is nothing for at least 100 miles of me, maybe farther. So shop on and keep us posted!
  9. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Nothing at all against ESI, but when your plow breaks in the middle of a snow storm, you going to call Jim? Or go cry to your local dealer that you didn't buy it from? Just sayin'
  10. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I too have nothing against ESI but again it always seems the first guys to complain about their customers choosing a different plow guy over a few dollars are also the first ones to buy a plow from a 1000 miles away. And honestly $700 difference on a DXT plow is nothing! rant over
  11. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

I would have to disagree with everyone that says give the business to the dealers. Plows are not vehicles. If you have been in the business awhile you should know there is nothing but simple parts on these plows and is fairly easy to fix. And if you plow does break down in a snow storm it will either be when your dealer is closed or they will be backed up for three days to fix your plow. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work on these plows.
  12. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Very very true!! agree 100% but don't forget if they do happen to be open and had the part you needed you know darn well they will have just sold it off the shelf 10 minutes before you got there :realmad:
  13. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Bought my boss from the local reputable dealer. He stands behind the product and during storms he stays open. Also gives his cell number to his plowing customers. He will walk the 50ft to the shop, open it and fix your equipment day or not during the storms. That's why I bought there instead of online. Plus I paid $5k installed for my 8' straight blade
  14. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Who is your dealer? Im in Cumberland area.
  15. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Op did not ask for service. Op asked for price only. So, he was given the correct answer.
  16. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Lawson's of new market md. They have a sister store in boonsboro but higher prices.
  17. SPSkyo8530

SPSkyo8530 Member

This is the best comment I have read on this site in awhile. I agree 100%. I stopped going to the dealer years ago. The pricing was ridiculous and the wait time was horrific. I can get parts online and direct shipped to my shop. We do all our plow installs in house to my specifications. I just need a good price on one of these bad boys because the dealer markup is incredible.
  18. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Well your local dealer should be servicing it or not. Theres no reason they NEED to sell the plows they do as marked up as they do.

Dealers have stupid wait times and stupid labor rates for stupid problems. Plows are simple. You really don't need a dealer in the middle of a storm unless you break something major and don't carry it with you.

I've seen people take their trucks to dealers for hoses? Come on now that takes 15 minutes to change lol
  19. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

This really is a discussion of what works best for your level of expertise dealing with a downed plow if you decide to get parts or a complete unit from other than your local dealer. Just like car/truck dealers,in theory they're supposed to sell and service Boss products.Like others here,mine is a total ripoff,he flat out refused to give me his cell # after I had an emergency which he created,I could go on and on,but you get the idea. That was over 10 years ago-I simply don't need him for ANYTHING.I can get the same part with friendly service from Jim cheaper even after shipping though we're several hundred miles apart.
  20. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

And another vote for jim at esi. Bought two pushers and a spreader through him. Had a problem with the fluid in the spreader at 445 pm and they had directions on how to change it emailed to me by 5 pm. My dealer was about two grand more for my order even after the truck freight from jim. A dealer will never work on my stuff and they normally dont have the parts in stock anyway