1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best place to buy a Boss plow in central IL ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by burtle, May 12, 2016.

1. burtle

burtle Member
    from USA

Any suggestions?

There's a dealer near me and they want almost $7,000 for a 2015 model v-plow/install. That's for a 8'2" and not the DXT. DXT is around $7,400.

I was asking about warranty and they said if the shop is open they will fix it. Hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. 8am-12pm on Saturday's. Closed Sundays. I asked if those hours were the same during the winter and he goes, "Yup, if you're plowing in the middle of the night and it breaks down you can show up around 7:45ish a.m during the week to pick up parts/have us work on it."

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Eureka, IL has a good Boss dealer...not sure if that's close to you..?.

3. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Might look into central parts warehouse if it is close to you. My dealer here in Kansas City is open during storms, as I thought all boss dealers are.

4. burtle

burtle Member
    from USA

That's not too far. I will look into that.

I'll look into this one as well. I thought all dealers were open during storms too but not this one. Seems as if they could careless.

5. TJ2015

TJ2015 Junior Member

Not sure if you have got one yet, but Blunier Implement in Eureka is awesome to work with. Sam has helped outfit two of my trucks and has the best prices and service around. He also has a good used inventory of plow stuff as well. I drive over from Champaign and its worth the drive for me to deal with them.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

CPW is the most garbage dealer/service center in the business. Avoid them at all costs. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Dieselplow82 likes this.