1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best place on line for Boss wing extensions

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TPC Services, Jan 17, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

looking to buy wing extensions for my boss blades Online but keep coming up with crap leads that give no prices!! wheres the best places on line to find them
  2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Best wings can be found at your local Blizzard dealer.

Sorry, could not resit.

Flame away.
  3. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Actouly, He is right, the best place to find wings is at a Boss dealer. I havn't heard of them anywhare else. At least boss hasn't been bought out.
  4. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

$655 @ snowplowsplus.com, search MSC08042. Never ordered anything from them though.
  5. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

I buy all my parts through my Boss dealer. Good service and its local!
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL,, U,T,B??? If you do, you pay to much and their hours are about the same as a banks.

But some times you have no choice but to go there, But it is my last choice.

Boss wings.
    Increase your blade width by a full 22" at a 30° angle, these convenient plow wings attach and detach within seconds. Made to fit The BOSS Power-V and Straight-Blade Plows.

If you want pics do a search.. There are pics that will show you what you want to know.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  7. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

I agree with the bankers hrs at U.T.B. Not going to lie about that, just when a guy needs parts in a hurry for some reason you're kinda stuck with the dealer!
  8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

you buy things from the dealer, because the dealer is their for you when something breaks. I think people that buy things online and then expect to get warrenty service from the dealer should be told off. The dealers make little to no money on warrenty repairs.
  9. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Can't say I buy online, never bought one part on there. I am the kinda guy who likes to see in person what he is getting. However I do shop around town.
  10. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Just go to the dealer you use for parts or where you bought your plow. 1) If you have a problem or issue, you will be taking it to them anyways.
    2) If you have been a descent customer, they may have a set instock that have been there a while and are willing to sell you at pre-season prices. You are looking at roughly $100 difference on the wings.
    3) These wings are super convenient, but they are a pain to install. Expect to waste about $60-80 in good drill bits. Its actually worth it to pay them $150 to install these things when you figure in about 2-3 man hours if everything goes smoothly plus the cost of bits and saving yourself some aggrevation. lol And, if they screw up the wings or your plow, they get to fix it for free. Unlike if you did it.
    4) Chances are that anything you save by finding these online will be eaten up by shipping and handling charges. These things ship @ around 120 lbs.
    Thats my .02