1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Place For Bulk Snow Shovels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turfcarelawns, Dec 15, 2012.

1. turfcarelawns

turfcarelawns Member

I am looking for the best place to get/order snow "pusher" shovels. I have been researching like crazy and seems like the places I have found are extremely expensive. In the past I have had no problem getting 4, but now we need to get around 20 or 25. I really need to get the "pusher" shovels, they are much more productive. Any help is very appreciated.

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I don't know what your budget is, but the *snow plow shovels are tit. Very well built. The guy may broker a deal with you on quantity.

3. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I'm not sure how wide you are looking for, but I buy my shovels through A.M. leonard...

their pushers are 24" wide or so and I think they run around $20 I like them, but I also don't have to use them much.

4. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I <3 my snowplow 30" shovel, I'd like to get a 36".

For scoop shovels I just get ames/true temper poly grain scoops in #12 size.

5. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

If you have a TSC near you try them. They have volume discounts and even a commercial supply program. They will essentially sell large volumes at a hair over cost. it's how a previous employer of mine used to buy all of their shovels.

You can also try a local garden centre..... but just find out how their supplier is or who is a volume garden centre supplier. Around here we have Manchester products and the supply snow stuff as well (most do) and for large orders are usually willing to do walk in business.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

7. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

That right there is the only link you'll ever need. Buy 25 cheap shovels every year or buy 25 snowplows once and be done with it.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I've been using Wolverine shovels for years, they're light, durable, do very well on packed snow and around $20.00 ea when I buy a "case" of 12 from my local supplier.
    Here's a link to the Wolverines web: http://www.wolverinehandtools.com/snowtools.asp the model I use is FD24PP.

shovel.png

9. Green_Will

Green_Will Junior Member

Hey, I know this is completely off topic, but I am wondering how the Blazer works compared to the pickups? Pros, Cons?

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It hasn't been out yet, but it turns on a dime.