1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best place for bagged Salt NJ or Eastern PA

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jcmjclem, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jcmjclem

jcmjclem Junior Member

I'm looking for a good place to purchase bagged rock salt by the pallets. Service and price are important. Location is southern NJ near Phila. North Jersey and DE are also close. Any input is appreciated. :drinkup: :drinkup:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Although no too close to you, B&S Supply in Hackensack (Bergen County) has 50lb Rock Salt (49 bags to a pallet) @ 4.95 per bag if you buy a pallet full.

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Not close, but not cheap either.

I can get 80's for that price.

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

That does seem pricey. I've been tryign to get a couple of 50 pounders myself but everywhere near me is gettign a minimum of 5 beans a bag! Home depot had them all the way up to 15.00!!! For 50lbs!!

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Highest I ever paid for 50's was $3.90/bag.

I prefer 80's, but if I have to unload them, stack them, and then later load them back up, the 50's are much friendlier!

6. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

you could try a place in lancaster called cope salt. don't know what there prices are like but a guy on here told me last year about them. don't have a number on me.

7. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Im in De. and I know where you can get 40 lb of solar salt for 3.00!

8. jcmjclem

jcmjclem Junior Member

TLS where are you getting your salt. I been told a company named "Lagoss"
    (spelling?)has salt by the pallet for good prices! :drinkup: :drinkup:

9. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I buy from several sources. They, at different times run out, so I go to the other guy.

I have a Lesco, and two small landscape supply houses that I mainly deal with. Then I have another guy that has an old hardware/coal yard that NEVER runs out.....but he is usually pretty expensive. I drive no more than 5 miles to any of them.

10. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I went to home depot and got 15 50lb bags for $4.99. at least 300lb of that is going in the back for the ballast and the rest at that price I am making some money on it. So that is fine with me.

While we are talking about salt. what do you think is better for the money Rock salt or that ice melter stuff?

11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

You got 15-50lb bags for $4.99? :confused:

Or did you get 15-50lb bags for $74.85 ? :confused:

12. Boutallnite

common now, you really think Home Depot would sell them that cheap?
    Of course it was $4.99 for each bag

13. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Well, just asking!

As $4.99 for a bag isn't really considered cheap.

You posted it on here like it was a great deal/find.

Just questioning, thats all.

14. Boutallnite

Someone else posted that you had to buy a pallet to get that price, all I am doing is showing an example that you can go to your local home depot and get the same price without buying 50 bags.

What is you problem this morning anyway? A little slow in the mornings?:sleeping: Not enough wake up juice yet? :drinkup:

15. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

No comment.