1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best pick-up broom for a skidsteer

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by wing 97, Feb 27, 2008.

1. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

I am looking to buy a pick-up broom for my Bobcat s175. Seems like they are all priced about the same. Just looking for some advice on what brand to purchase. The obvious choice is to buy a Bobcat brand sweeper but I know there are other choices. Basically I am just looking to clean up winter sand once a year from my maintenance accounts. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

I need to rent one this spring to clean up several of mine. We had large ice storms and I put down alot of sand/gravel. I'm thinking if I clean them up pretty well it might be something I can sell them several times through the summer. I was at one lot the other night when the wind was not blowing and there was a ton of trash in the lot, cups, shopping bags, you name it. My question is if these units will pickup sand, leaf/grass and trash well ?

3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a bobcat s205 and have always rented the bobcat enclosed sweeper. This spring I am looking at maybe the purhcase of that unit. I like them, although with the enclosed sweeper/bucket, the bucket can only get about 1/2 full and you'll need to dump.

4. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Cant go wrong with the bobcat. Parts are easy to get. Always liked the bobcat 66 inch pickup broom, you can find them new/demo for $2000 or less. I found some good deals on 60 inch ones this year. Found a brand new one for $1700 obo.