1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Paint?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWERSTROKEFURY, Nov 17, 2004.

Painting my plow and was wondering what is the best paint. I usually use Sunburst Yellow from Rustoleum, sticks good and snow slides off not too bad, any suggestions?
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Imron fron Dupont hard as rocks but cost lots of dollars. You must wear a mask even if spraying outside,the harder in it is BAD.

Regards Mike
  3. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I have a bandsaw mill used to saw logs that takes a thrashing. It came with Benj. Moores Industrial oil based paint on it and I touch it up with the same. Now on metal fabricated parts it's all I use. IMO Rustoleum doesn't cut it, I'm not an expert but I once painted a diamond plate flatbed, I welded up, with the stuff using their primer and everything and it rusted through in 9 months.

The Benjamin Moores brand has two types of industrial I believe. I use the alkyd enamel. The other one may be a two part paint. It's definitely worth the extra money but not as expensive as auto stuff. You can brush it on or roll it on because it's slow drying and will self level. Therefore, very little waste and much thicker that Rustoleum too. It does only come in a few strong colors. Very bright yellow is one but costs more than the other shades of green or black (the main colors I use). Hope this is helpful.

I use the yellow as a hazard/warning color on the mill. It helps keep the battle scars to a minimum from projections on the mill.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2004