1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best option to use 2 plug and 3plug plow on same truck?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by leigh, Nov 25, 2015.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

My 2005 gmc 4500 has a minute mount 2, 3 plug plow.I just bought a xls and whatever harness/controller to run off/with the existing truckside wiring.(haven't opened box yet) Can I leave the mm2 wiring and just move some plugs in the module if I want to switch plows? Open to options/ideas.Can the mm2 plow be rewired to accept the fleetflex 2 plug system? Thanks

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

You can run both systems on the same truck. I suppose you could rewire the mm2 3 plug plow, but you need to add the plow module (That's why the new ones have the weird looking covers).

3. leigh

from CT

Haven't looked at new plow yet,should probably check it out so I can be sure what to ask! Never really checked into the fleetflex setup.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You need to add a second control, control harness and battery cable. There are a few threads on this setup. Some one was making an adapter to have everything hooked up at once or you will need to swap some plugs under the hood.

5. leigh

from CT

Thanks,I'll see what they sent me and see if its worth the trouble.Might just sell the mm2 mc 10'.That plow has been a beast, only had to replace motor and pump once,strongest plow I've owned,still looks like new!

6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Some one was making an adapter to have everything hooked up at once or you will need to swap some plugs under the hood.

I sell the adapter if you decide to run both

7. leigh

from CT

Thanks,i assembled the plow today,going to start wiring tomorrow.See how far I get and if I need anything more.

8. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

What kind of adapter do you sell? One that plugs into a 3 plug truck and makes it 2 plug? Info and price?

9. leigh

from CT

All set on install.Once I got into it was very simple.Didn't realize that the existing iso mod was still used.Also the light plug of the 3 plug system becomes the 2nd plug in the 2 plug system.Only had to plug in new control harness into the same plug that the old 3 plug system was plugged into.I can see where the y adapter would save from switching plugs back and forth.How much do you sell them for? Here's the link http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=112524

10. unhcp

I usually charge 40

11. leigh

from CT

If you can ship to 06460 for 40$ I'll take one.To busy to be messing with ordering plugs and putting together.pm me and I'll exchange info. thanks

12. unhcp

U got it, pm sent

13. leigh

from CT

Sent payment address is in a pm, thanks