1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best option for clearing a driveway

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by SamAlex, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SamAlex

SamAlex Junior Member
    from US

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Last year I purchased a house that sits about 100 feet off the road. The driveway slopes upward, it's not ridiculously steep but the include is significant. Currently the neighbors will stop by on their ATV and clear it with a plow. I'd like to be able to clear it myself but an ATV+plow setup is too expensive since I wouldn't use the vehicle for anything else.

I own a 4x4 S-10 (3.8L V6). I was thinking maybe I could get a plow or snowblower attachment for it but I'm not sure. I saw this one come up but I can't find a price for it (http://www.homesteaderplows.com/ - Homesteaderâ„¢ Personal Plow). I've also considered getting a push 2 stage snow thrower but I don't know how difficult that would be to push up and down the driveway since its a slope. Using a shovel is out of the question, it would take forever.

I've never purchased anything like this before so any advice you can provide is appreciated. I am willing to spend some money but I don't want to purchase something with features I don't need. My only objective is to be able to keep my driveway cleared.

Thank you!
  2. Iawr

Iawr Senior Member

Go grab a 2 stage snowblower from craigslist. You won't need to push it, they are self propelled. You can get a decent used ariens for <300
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict