1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best option for a 2500HD?!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SnowBusters_, Sep 29, 2011.

1. SnowBusters_

SnowBusters_ Junior Member

Hey guys I am looking for the best option of plowers for my 2003 chevy 2500HD, the brands we got in town are: Myers, Western and SnowDogg. I was leaning towards a Western or Myer, but I was unsure of which size I should mount on?

Thanks fellas!@
  2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Get a 8' any smaller and when the plow is angled your wheels will be running in the snow instead of where u just plowed. A "V" plow would be my choice.. I would go with the dealer u trust the most and who will be there when and if something goes wrong durring a storm.
    Hard 2 put a price tag on good dealer services...
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss 8.2 v plow will do.
  4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Whats a plower? Lol j/k
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

he doesnt have boss as an option I would go with the western pro
  6. grandview

Grab a 2-4 and road trip for one!
  7. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Whatever the best closest" plower" dealer sells .
  8. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

Id get the western 8ft pro plus and make sure you get the snow deflector on that puppy!
  9. SnowBusters_

SnowBusters_ Junior Member

thanks for all the tips fellas! I am leaning towards the 8' Westen pro-plus or the 8' 1/2 Western MVP V plow.

I was jsut wondering does the V plows had that much more advantage than the straight blades? cause their charging a $400 in price differences between the two... if the V plow doesn't have that much more advantage than the straight blade I rather use that $400 towards insurance or other equipments. Feedbacks much appreciated!
  10. grandview

What type of plow work you looking to do?
  11. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Own a V plow and you will never go back. If you have any type of accounts that you need to carry snow or stack in specific locations, the V will save you.
    We have an 8 1/2 MVP at work and it is my truck that does cul-de-sacs. Hands down faster than trying to do it with a straight blade plus in ones that snow can only go in certain placesgoes so much faster.
    Ask around locally and see what kind of reputations your dealers have, check out their parts inventories, dealer support can be a huge deciding factor.
    Personally I would say Western. I have been plowing with their plows since the early 90's and have had great success with them.