1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best-Meyers or Western?????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Lawn Care Plus, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

First things first. I am not trying to get a squable going here, just some information based on your experience.

I am having a time with my old cable controlled Western, and I am getting from various service places that I might be better off to replace the lift (motor, pump, and control) assembly. One place said that I could just put a Meyer lift on my frame and continue to use my western 8' blade.

Another service place said that I will have less troubles in the long run if I replace it with another western lift.

So what will hold up better and longer? Western or Meye, given they are both taken care of properly?

Thank you,

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I had a cable Western for about 10 years, never a problem.....

I have a Meyers now, because I got a good deal on it, and have some trouble with the solenoid coils, and fluid freezing..................

But, thats just my experience....
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i never had a problem with meyers classic mount set up and we bought a 8ft pro western i guess if you take of your stuff things will work just fine