1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best... Med Duty 5-6 yd Dump..

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by alternative, Feb 3, 2005.

1. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Chevy/Gmc, Ford F650, International??? what are the best for all around work

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

If you need a 4wd, chevy/gmc now offer a medium duty chassis with factory installed 4wd.Other than that I think this becomes a brand loyalty/preference question.And on that note I would probably put together a new kodiak. I also like the internaitonals but 4wd would require an expensive conversion package.

3. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of great cabover options out there. Ford/international has 2 models coming out this spring.

4. alternative

i know this is preference.. but Deisel or Gas.. currently have a small deisel.. but heard the new gas 8 liter is very good (CHEVY).. also .i dont put a ton of miles on per year.. maybe??6000/yr what way to go.?? tough decision.. and its like 9k less with gas

5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

I was faced with the same situation and bought a gasser, smaller truck though, a 3500 with a 6.0. Plenty of power, a lot cheaper initiatly than a diesel and with gas close to 40 cents a gallon cheaper maybe even cheaper in the long run. Also, no plugging it in on a cold night or letting it run everywhere you go. Thats gotta eat some some extra fuel too.I'm just not sold on a diesel unless you put on a TON of miles. Just doesn't pay. I would rather take the extra savings and maybe trade more often. The gassers today are very reliable and last almost as long as some of these diesels, much cheaper to fix too.Just my opinion but you asked for it!

6. alternative

Deisel is cooooooooool.. but so is saving 9k...!

7. dzd9fy

dzd9fy Junior Member

I would vote for the Chevy C6500 gas with an Allison Trans. Second choice would the the Chevy W Series cab over same GVWR.