1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best location for Hide away strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Yamahaluv, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Yamahaluv

Yamahaluv Junior Member

What is the best place to put the strobe tubes. High beam, low beam, turn signals???? and in the rear :rolleyes: brake, reverse, or blinkers??? Are the ones in the front of the truck even worth it when you have your plow on. Thanks!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well, if you have a 99 or newer gm with the amber turn signals I would put them in there. The fronts would throw so much clear forward you wouldn't be able to see anything if it is snowing like a pita, and if they were on. I didn't have a problem with the rear strobes being in thr amber trun signal and on when it is snowing really bad. What kind of truck do you have, and what system are you looking at or have?

3. Yamahaluv

Yamahaluv Junior Member

I have a 2002 HD Duramax. I was looking at the Whelen 90W Power Supply & 4 Hide-A-Way Strobe Kit. ( http://www.sirennet.com/90wstrobkitm.html )

If i dont put them in the front i was thinking of getting the Hide-A-LED because they would probably last longer but are 107.00 per light.
    ( http://www.hyper-lights.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=451 )

4. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i have something almost identical to that in my truck and i love it. got the front ones in the head lights and the rear ones in the reverse lights. I have the 60 watt bulbs and they are def over kill, i don't even want to know how bright the 90 watts are. but they look the best in the reverse lights, trust me!
    When plowing i only have the rear lights on otherwise i go blind. But when i am out in the road i have the front and rear on. Plus, to have both the front and rear just looks bad A$$!

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

When I had my 02 chevy, they were in the cornors of the headlights. (where the headlight wraps around to the fender) Insainly bright, plus it was side and front warning power all in one.