1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best lights for western snow plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by drivefaster35, Dec 12, 2009.

1. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

Ok I'm sorry if this has been brought up a lot. But, I ahve a Western snowplow MVP its like a 04 model maybe 05 I bought from a guy to pu on my 05 F250. The lights suck big time and was wondering what my options are. Are there ny simple replacement lights that I can just replace the bulb. I really would like brighter lights for the night but don't feel like spending a fortune on a whole new light kit.

2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I have the HID set up on my MVP plus and it is great

3. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

where can I get HID lights from?

4. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

Is it an ultra or unimount? The nighthawk lights can be had for about 225 and work awesome. They can be wired right into your existing 9 pin plug and if it's an ultra they will bolt right in place of the other lights. I made a new light tower to install them on my unimount

5. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

they are the nighthawks from western

6. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

10-4 on that. IIRC they use the same bulb as a ford superduty. Mine are already brighter than my truck lights and I'm thinking about getting the even brighter bulbs. Not because I need them, I just like things really lit up at night.

7. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

What bulbs are you talking about for the nighthawks?