1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BLkDOuT, Oct 28, 2009.

1. BLkDOuT

BLkDOuT Junior Member

What is the best leveling kit for a 08 ram 2500 hemi? I have a Western Pro-Plus 8'6" plow and it has alot of sag. Are all leveling kits about the same or is there a better one since i plow with it every winter
  2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

you might be able to upgrade your front springs. i also have a pro plus with my 07 diesel and mine only sags around 1 inch. soo maybe you have a lighter duty spring? there a few threads that discuss it, ill try to dig one up for ya. also not that it makes much difference but do you have the plow prep? on another note timbrens for the front will help saggage and be cheaper than front springs. how much weight do you put in the bed for plowing, i have about 1000 lbs to help level things out seems to help alot
  3. long0

long0 Senior Member

I went with Hell Bent Steel on my 08 2500. I don't run a plow on that truck so I can't comment other than that. Bought direct from them - HBS.com or similar. 60K and no problems.

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

If you have sag just put some Timbrens on it. The guys on the Cummins forum hate the leveling kits. They say it is amlost impossible to not get "death wobble" from it. If you really want one check out cumminsforum.com and there are few like brand new used ones that people took out. But agian if your only issue is when it has the plow on it sags just put Timbrens on it and it will be fine
  5. BLkDOuT

BLkDOuT Junior Member

I didnt know you could put Timbrens on the front end
  6. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

7. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Well, I would call K.O.R.E (760)-749-8687 or Sean Lorenz at (619)-300-3351. These guys are really some of the best when it comes to dodge leveling kits and overrated springs. Don't just go order a leveling kit or some sort of spacer from the internet. Take the time to call these companies and have them go through the information/ideas with you. It is worth your time and money to get a part that will be reliable and most of all safe. What's cheap aint good and whats good aint cheap.

My Dodg has a set of Rockwell front springs that un-intentionally act as a leveling kit. Not sure how exactly my mechanic found them, but they are very beefy compared to stock. They are a taller coil with a higher load capacity and made here in the USA. So the truck is leveled and barely sags half an inch when the plow is on. I have timbrens installed as well, but with the new springs they almost are never riding on the axle. They're there now in case I hit a curb and bottom the front end out with the plow on.

Keep in mind too, about the death wobble. My springs are installed with aftermarket parts including; HD track bar, ball joints, steering links, polyurethane swaybar links, and spankin new unit bearings. So there is really no chance of death wobble in my situation unless something wears out. I also had the front end realigned after install. A leveling kit installed on worn out, tired or damaged front end components will give you a whole load of grief. Just my 25,0000 cents.

Here's what it looks like now.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I actually thought is was odd to see them used on the back end
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

topguncustoms is a great company, I used their spacers on my 01 Ram 1500 and they were very well built.
  10. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

X2, made in ths ussmileyflag too!