1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best leveling kit for 2005 f350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jguck25, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I need to level out the front of my truck because the original coils are sagging a bit and i want to get it leveled out before i install and set up my new plow.

I was going to get a rough country 1.5" kit that replaces my springs, but i am worried about using aftermarket springs and carrying the weight of a plow.

i recently sold a plow to a guy that had a 2006 f350 and instead of getting an aftermarket kit he bought some f550 springs and added a coil spacer.

which would be the best way to level out my front end? would the f550 springs alone raise it up a little bit?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

the 550 are rated for 7K, I put them on my 05 back in the day. It gave me about a 3/4 inch rise and held the plow much better.

3. 1olddogtwo

I should also say that leveled out the 250, it had the 2inch blocks. Yours should have the 4 inch blocks in the rear..

4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

that sounds good, did it make it ride considerably rougher? thanks for the quick reply. also, how much did those run you?

edit: found them online at tousely autoparts for 86.69 a peice

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My 550 rides like sh!t so I'd imagine it did lol.

6. 1olddogtwo

Springs are cheap, can't it was much worst. May want to check with ford on price too. In 05, under a hundred.

7. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I got a 2 inch mini spring pack for my 7.3 f250 And also the 4 inch block. I can't remember what brand it is now but you can find them on ebay for like 1-2 hundred. It made a big difference and it handles a 9 foot v no problem. The ride quality didn't seem to change much either

8. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Was i the guy? I have coil spacers and 550 springs in a 06 f350.