1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best job in the world!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Jan 17, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Anyone know what it is?? I will tell you, being a "meteorologist"...It is the only job that you can be wrong all the time and blame it on a computer glitch or something else//They predicted 3-6 for us in RI, the 4-8 as of yesterday.I woke up at 2, 3, then went out at 4 this morning to a whopping 1 inch!!!! not even that deep in most places..WOuldn't you all love to have a job and be wrong but still get paid bug money???!!!!!

JPMAKO Senior Member

I think the best job in the world would be getting paid to choke one of these so called weather forecasters. I think that this is their worst year yet for predicting snow. Or lack of!
  3. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Well, for the past few years I've learned that to do things for myself as far as this issue goes. Ya listen to the weatherman a little to get you aware that something might happen but, from there on out its up to me. Watch your radar on the 'puter and even from that point you have somewhat of a "once it hits the ground we got that much" attitude. Yes those weathermen/women do make alot of mistakes!!! but the bottom line is mother nature is an unprdictable "B****"!!!
  4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Weather guys called for 3-5 here in upstate NY.. got a dusting... I do not know where these guys learn how to predict the weather, but I think if they started throwing darts at a "weather" dart board they would have a better chance at being correct...
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

One of my customers is a weather man. He saids that all the time. That he can be wrong every day and people still like you. But I told him I got you topped. I am volley fire fighter. Its the only job were you can loose the house, but still get a thank you from the now homeless family for trying to put out the fire.

JPMAKO Senior Member

I am a volunteer Fire Fighter as well and sometimes you don't get a thank you. Recently we had a mutual aid structure fire and we had nothing but trouble getting to the house (vehicles, pedestrians) everywhere. The chief of the other company wrote a letter in the paper explaining that it is very hard to do your job when you can't get to it in a timely manner. Well some a**hole wrote back saying that it was not anyones fault but ours and that we did a terrible job. he complained that we had a very bad response time "16 mins" and that we did not know what we were doing. Well it just goes to show you that even a "Volunteer" gets bashed for the job that they do! I would really like to meet the guy that wrote the article. It just pisses me off that someone could be like that. We are not getting paid to sit at the Firehouse and just wait for calls. We have jobs and it does take some time to get from My job to the Firehouse get geared up, on the truck and then travel through heavy traffic for 6 miles to another town(district).
    God this guy pissed me off :gunsfiring: