1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best inexpensive code reader/resetter

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wirenut, Jan 4, 2011.

1. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

anyone have any recommendations for a obd 2 reader capable of reading drive train and bcm
    codes and resetting them..
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $60 for my ''Code Buddy.'' Works great.
  3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

my brother sold his snapon and got a Mac for 175.00
  4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Wal-mart has one for about $70.00 and works well
  5. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

equus 3160

Equus 3160 Innova ABS + Professional CanOBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner for OBDII Vehicles with Back-lit Screen and Enhanced Live Data.
    anyone know if this will read bcm codes?
  6. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

7. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

go rent one from a local auto parts store there usually free as long as you bring them back
  8. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Thats the one I'm talking about, You can find them on the internet. I don't know about bcm codes
  9. Holland

Holland Senior Member

If you have access to the snap on truck, blue point just came out with wht looks to be a nice little unit. You can even watch live data on it. I think it runs around 400. Me on the other hand, i think i'll stick with my solus pro. :)
  10. bill7101

bill7101 Member

I have the innovia, it doesnt read the BCM codes, but is good for the OBD2 codes and live data for the price it is