1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Front Susp. Upgrade for '07 Ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JerseyShorePlow, Jan 13, 2011.

1. JerseyShorePlow

JerseyShorePlow Junior Member

I just ordered a Snow Dogg Plow for my 2007 Ram 1500 Quad cab and its being installed on Wednesday. I'm concerned about the front end sagging and/or creating problems. The dealer recommended Timbrens. Looking at it, it looks like my front suspension would always be riding on them instead of my suspension thus creating a harsh ride. Anyone have any thoughts on this or have other products to recommend? I hoping to find an economical solution as the plow cost wiped me out.
    Also, how much ballast do I need in my bed and whats the best thing to use? (Yes, I'm a newbie to plowing, finally got sick of shoveling after all the snow so far this year!) Thanks!

2. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

I was just talking to my friend whos a mechanic about timbrens yesterday. hes got a set in his durango which he plows with. it does make for a stiffer ride but it helps to support the weight of the plow. ive seen a couple 1500s around here with westerns on them and the front ends are squashed. but like my buddy said instead of having maybe 10" of travel in the suspension youd only have 3 with the timbrens in. so its not ideal for everyday driving but its good to have with the plow. im thinking about putting a set in my 3500 because the frame of the plow scrapes on weird angles.

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Front end sag will be greatly reduced by running balast. I would start at 60-70% of the plow weight and go from there. You will find the truck will need a little more rear spring and 2500 front coils in time. Timbrelins are OK for occasional usage but I much rather be running on a spring rather on a frame rail.... Do a look up for super coils, I have heard very good things about these coils.

4. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

I've got a 2006 1500 with an MD75 and I got some Timbrens up front and 600lbs of weight in the back. Works good for me.