1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Front Shocks for K2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MikeRi24, Sep 27, 2011.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Long story short, I started doing a small project on my '99 K2500 that turned into one of those "well, while I've got it apart, I might as well replace the _______" you know how those go....

My front shocks are not looking so great, the one looks like its starting to leak a little, and the are both pretty rusty. I believe them to be the originals. I'd like to replace them with something thats going to be good for plowing. Ride quality I am not overly concerned about. Its a work truck, its never gonna ride like a Cadillac nor do I expect it to. I was looking into the Monroe air shocks, but they dont make them for this truck and after about an hour of measuring and browsing through their catalog comparing specifications, I can't find anything thats even close that I could make work.

So what do you guys recommend? I was looking at the Monroe Reflex series or the Rancho RS5000 shocks as a starting point.
  2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I got Bilstein 5000 series and they are OK. Seems to stiff for me but I dont plow with that truck either. Ive had em for years with no probs. I know I think Firestone makes a front air shock but not sure about your model. They arent cheap either. Ive heard Sensa Tracs are decent. Lots of choices.
  3. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I've got Monroe Gas Magnums on my 98 K3500 and they ride pretty good and are supposed to be a heavy duty shock.

4. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Put a set of KYB Monomax on my 05 and love them. Been a real good replacement.