1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best front end parts

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NAHA, Apr 10, 2012.

1. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tie rod's

what brand's have you tryed ? moog has alway's served me well !

Front Inner; 4WD; Problem Solver - housing and washer design eliminates spring bind and shattering during shock load

Front Inner; RWD; Problem Solver - includes a full ball stud to provide 360 degrees of smooth rotational movement

Front Outer; 4WD; Problem Solver - incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

Front Outer; RWD; Problem Solver - incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces
  3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I agree, moog has always worked great for me, Are you running big tires on your truck? and have you had a front end alignment?
  4. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

Iam 80% sure I used Moog last year. I have 35's on the truck and get an alignment every year
  5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Moog was good at some point. My last inner (moog) on my own truck did not even last a year and I grease it every 3 k. But lifetime warrany on moog, I like napa ball joints better. There is not alot of choices, but the good parts are not so good anymore.
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say it's a fair guess to say your torsion bars are cranked up pretty good to fit 35's? The angle this causes on front end parts may be why your burning through parts like crazy.
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

was thinking the same thing.....if you want to run big tires then you either have to change the suspension to accomodate the bigger size while keeping the geometry in check or continually sink money into the front end and possibly tires more often than necessary. Moog parts are what I use in my truck when front end parts need replacing
  8. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

On the Dodge Forums plus the 4 X 4 and off road forums that I belong too , the comments are that moog has switched to Mexico/China to manufacture there parts ( do a Google )
    My parts store Car Quest dropped Moog do to too many problems and now offers Raybestos Professional Grade ( Dana/Spicer Chassis Parts ) what I use NOW .
    Ex. http://www.cbodydrydock.com/content.php?article.20

Just did My Daughters Durango with the Raybestos Professional AKA / Spicer / NAPA Gold
    " Replace with raybestos joints, they were originally Spicer/Dana named(but still manufactured by dana/spicer), but changed the name to "Raybestos" for dumb marketing strategies[1].

Spicer joints have many advantages campained to moogs, I like the fact they come with high grade hardware vs moog's low grade, they come painted with a rust resistant coating vs moog's bare metal coating, and most importantly they come with poly boots vs moog's rubber so you wont have any boot problems again! They seem better overall engineered geared more-so toward quality vs cost-analysis benefit ********. They are also used on many OEM high end vehicles. DANA and SPICER makes products for vehicles ranging from rear-ends to brakes, they've been around forever (ever hear of the :bow:D60?:bow:)and make good well engineered OEM products Vs federal mogul (federal mogul is purely aftermarket based company, makes MOOG " Moog also appears to be mfg. in Mexico / China now ?