1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Dual Rotator

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SharpBlades, Oct 15, 2010.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

What is the best double rotator? Both for rotator speed and for light output... Thanks

2. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

From what I have seen. Also, I have only used a Code 3 mini rotator bar. I think the Whelen Guardian series by far are the brightest bar with the most reflection to them. For my truck, next will be strobe lights, or a strobe light bar. I like the bar I have on now, but during the day/ around corners it doesn't help as I would like it too. Hope it helps.
    Aaron

3. cti531

cti531 Member

I second that on the Whelen Guardian...I have been looking at a ton of lights the past few weeks (rotators, strobes, led's, led mini bars etc.) and the Guardian sure seemed brighter than the other rotators I have seen. Of course these were all indoor and I haven't seen them in the field.

4. I bought a guardian suction magmount last year to get my new truck going. Liked so much mounting to my back rack . It provides a powerful signal

5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

It's tough to beat a Whelen in just about any category. If you want something bright and made not too far from you, try a Star halogen mini bar. If you want it even brighter than stock, see me about my custom slotted filters. Even a Whelen can't beat them.

6. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would say for halogen bars it would have to be a Code 3 420 mini bar or Whelen Guardian. Whelen is brighter but the Code 3 has a fast rotator option which is cool.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

have used both and both are good lights.:drinkup:

9. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Thanks guys... the Code 3 420 and the whelen guardian were pretty much what i had it narrowed down to. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing one.

10. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Go with the 420 if you like orange, go with the whelen if you like yellow. I have both and they are both great lights. The fast rotators are almost way too fast if you ask me

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Or just go with the Whelen Responder LP Super LED and be the coolest and brightest plow truck around!

12. plowmaster07

So can you upgrade to the faster rotators? I don't mind mine, but maybe it would be nice having a faster rotation. Any idea on the cost?

13. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Code 3 420 and Whelen Guardian both run on average about $100. You can upgrade to faster ones I imagine. I like the speed of mine now. The fast ones are almost crazy

14. plowmaster07

Yeah I have the Code 3 420 bar on my truck now and I am very impressed with it so far. I've had it going on 3 years I think?

15. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

16. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

i have a code 3 420 with the high speed rotators and i love it

17. plowmaster07

Yeah I'm finding the high speed rotators on ebay for about $23 a piece. I may give it a shot, worst case scenario, I'll just put the regular ones back on. In fact, I think I'll check with CAP (where I bought it from) to see if they can get me the faster rotators.

18. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I like having the guardian and the 420. That way when I get sick of one and want a change, i can put the other one on.

19. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Ya i personaly think the high speed makes the bar more noticeable...it makes the pattern more of a random strobe then roatating beam if that makes sense lol.

20. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I enjoy the rotating beam instead of the seizure inducing madness!! I have videos of both on my phone to compare, but no idea how to get them on here